Monday 14 July 2014

Multiple threads!

When I have plenty of time, one of my favourite parts of a project is the selection of materials...
I love searching through my eclectic stash, 
reminding myself of purchases, donors, 
past projects, new possibilities; 
going off at a tangent, 
feeling the 'precious' yarns (and thinking 'I will use that one day!')....

Being fairly new to crochet the learning curve of how patterns vary according to yarn selection is quite steep, and although I am prepared to experiment, sometimes things just miss the 'giddy excitement upon finishing' stage!
However this heart surpassed all expectations!


As it is my own pattern, I know there is a discrepancy, some yarns make this glaringly obvious, however this combination seems to hide it well!


I found some beautiful mohair in a charity shop, jewel like colours but very fine...put with other yarns it has added extra texture and a dash of colour!


The shiny sparkles are part of some shimmery ribbon yarn, a present, a while ago, from my fabulous friend Tracey...

The whole heart has a sturdiness to it thanks to the combination of threads, and to remind me of the ones I used I have saved this tiny bundle!


 20gs of sumptuousness given to friends!


7 comments:

linda said...

It's beautiful Ali, a lovely combination of textures and colours. :)

Una said...

That is such a clever pattern and a very pretty yarn.

Unknown said...

I love purple, and this cute heart looks great!

Jacqui Galloway said...

Spider senses let me down today, Ali!
Loved the combintion of threads and how they combined to make a perfect 'whole'! The heart definitely does surpass...
Jacqui xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely little bit of sparkle!! xx

crazydazy said...

absolutely gorgeous.....the colours, the textures and a perfect heart shape!

Starfish Studio said...

I love the bit about 'feeling' the precious parts of your stash but not using them - I can totally relate to that!