Sunday 27 October 2013

Poppies

Some random hyperbolic crochet rounds.....


with needlefelted middles...



...each is unique as I was experimenting with trebles, half trebles,


hook size....
 

number of stitches into the magic ring...
 

...and there might have been a few lapses in concentration.. as no counting was
 required... it all adds to the individuality!


I have suggested the recipients put a donation in their local Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal box.


Seven have been made in total (as I had some requests after the first five!)
Stash busting 28g in all.


7 comments:

linda said...

Great idea Ali, they are very pretty, I did this at work one year and everyone wanted one. :)

crazydazy said...

I really like all your poppies and the needlefelted centre such a great idea.

Hindustanka said...

Beautiful poppies! Love the way you made them :)

Zed said...

Crocheting always looks so impressive :) These are lovely.

Melody said...

I do love cheery little poppies! They the perfect ruffly Poppy look to them!
Our American Legion always gives out paper Poppies on Memorial Day, and I always buy a few ~ reminds me of my Grandfather, he wasn't a veteran ~ but always bought a "bouquet" of them in support.

Elisabeth said...

Lovely! I'm going to make a crochet poppy to wear this year for remembrance day too

Astri said...

Oh poppies! How pretty Ali.