Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Rabble....

of Butterflies!


Recently we celebrated  a friends wedding. The colour theme was right up my street  - bright pink and purple....


This butterfly was made with my fave hand-dyed Teeswater yarn ...and has, yes you've guessed it, a needlefelted middle!


I was so honoured to find that the Bride wore her butterfly on her wrist during the ceremony and all the photos!


I love the pattern ..its very rhythmical...




and the circular flower transforms into.....



....a beautiful butterfly



 .. a rainbow one!




By happy co-incidence at the same time as I was playing with my technique...Helen was hooking butterflies too!

As for a rabble of butterflies...I think I prefer their other collective noun...a flight!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Wow ~ they are awesome! What a great idea. I love the felty bodies, I'd have to give them little googley eyes though! ha ha
I don't know if my crochet attention span would make it thru making one! :))))))

Creative Chaos Art said...

They're so lovely! The needle felted middles are a great addition, and the yarn you've used is beautiful :)
Helen xx

Charlotte said...

Love butterflies! These are really good! You could go crazy making loads of them in all different colours!

Unknown said...

love those butterflies!!

Tracey Edges said...

I love the way that weddings are less staid and formal now and allow for fun and originality. The butterflies are great. I love the look of your blog - I just want to get my hands in all that woolliness :-)