Friday 13 April 2012

Eggstra helpings!

We've been enjoying a hectic Easter holiday...thought I'd add some more eggs to the mixture!

A while ago I looked for a flat egg pattern on Ravelry..as I was new to crochet it had to be simple (and as I haven't mastered the magic ring it had to be flat!)...I tried one...but mine didn't turn out anything like it...even having translated it into UK stitches. So I pottered around with a few stitches and came up with a pattern I was happy with! 



I made different sizes!


They were strung sideways....




...and long ways but didn't take a picture!

They appeared in nests:


....mostly needle felted

..one crocheted!

...a tray full of the colours of spring!

One afternoon RW Jnr and I wet felted these eggs -



We vaguely followed this tutorial using plastic eggs as innards. One has a pink and yellow striped middle and the other has green with a colourful strip of offcut yarn from the loomed flowers.
The intention was to make some more - and some fluffy chicks...but time ran away with us!

Whist on the eggy subject we had a lovely fluffy needlefelted surprise in the post from Tracey:


Hope you have an eggstraspecial weekend!

5 comments:

Creative Chaos Art said...

Lovely creations :)

If it's any use, I learnt the magic circle from a Julia Crossland tutorial: http://juliacrossland.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/how-to-crochet-sea-pennies.html

Helen x

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

What a super selection of eggy crafts Ali! I love your crochet nest. Liz xx

Linnhe Mara said...

Well done RW Jnr, those eggs are so cute.

Katie said...

Lovely creations! I'm your newest follower! Love Katie x

Starfish Studio said...

Wow! You have had a busy Easter!
Loving the nest :)
Kate x