Wednesday 19 September 2012

Scraps

I have always collected scraps...of paper, ribbon, card, string...or yarn and fluff (though I do draw the line at the sock variety!). 

Short ends of yarn have been really useful for mouths


swirly needlefelted middles




pumpkin stems

 
 
wrapping..
 
 
 and many more exciting adventures!

When Linda introduced me to TUSAL I had an idea for using some really special ends of Rowan Colourscape Chunky from my flower loomed blooms


I love the way the yarn changes colour and has speckles of rainbows all the way through. Last week I  had the chance to make three pieces of felt and a couple of them re-used those special short ends..



This is for a special present project... is double sided



and quite thick..

 
I love the fluffy first stage!


There's some longer pieces on this one!





 ..again it has an interesting back...


So.... some of my Totally Useless Stitch A Long items become Totally Useful SALs!


4 comments:

linda said...

Brilliant idea's for your scraps Ali :)

Tracey said...

Ooh, definition of scraps: small items of treasure that will one day prove useful.
I love, love, love your pumpkins too x

Linnhe Mara said...

I keep scraps of everything too, but doubt if they will ever be put to as good as use as yours. I'm especially loving the mouths!

That weaving on the second piece must have been very fiddly, well done you.

Starfish Studio said...

I wish there was a way of making a fluffy thing and keeping it fluffy!

Great theme for a post - love the wee beasties at the top!

Kate x