Saturday 23 June 2012

Flashes of Inspiration 2

...continuing the theme with a linky post...and  sharing something that is a big feature in our house at the moment!

Helen at Creative Chaos Art recently had a series of posts about the Fabulous Star Wars characters she crocheted from Lucy Ravenscar's cool patterns.......there are loads of amazing 'people', elves and creatures I'd love to have a try at making....I'm formulating a wish list.
Browsing  the links on Lucy's blog I discovererd Geek Crafts website and have spent many moments browsing lots of Dr Who, Sherlock, Star Wars, Harry Potter and other wonderful crafty bits and pieces with a similar appeal!
As we are working our way through a tardis sized batch of Dr Who DVDs...series by series (its so cool not to have to wait for a week to get to the next exciting instalment)....this inspired me to adapt some granny squares.
Tracey had given me the perfect colour yarn a while ago...I think she'll approve of its use!!
 I explained the pattern of a granny and RW Jnr designed the layout of each square....here it is in progress...




I'd better RUN! and get on with the last square and the roof!...Fantastic!.....
any one fancy a Jelly Baby?
(showing my age there!)

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Oooh, yes I approve - I can't wait to see what you make - I am still tring to design a Dalek jumper for the teen, will take a look at the blogs you mention as might find something there.
T xx

Creative Chaos Art said...

Ooh exciting!!

Craftzine blog is quite interesting to look through too, with inspiration and free patterns :)

I also came across these today and thought of you!
http://eszterburghardt.com/gallery/wooly_sagas/

Helen x

Linnhe Mara said...

Can't wait to see the finished article :o)

Ah, jelly babies! He was my favourite Dr. but I suppose the last couple haven't been too bad.

L x

Sum of their Stories said...

Aha, I've found your Doctor Who project! Did you use these to make that tardis in your header? Am I going to have to add this to my "to do list"?

Ali said...

Thanks for your fab comments Julia - you are right...the finished box is made from granny squares and can be found here:
http://random-wooliness.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/out-of-this-world.html
mostly made up as I went along but my son designed the windows on squared paper!
Ali